Wednesday 21 July 2010

Energy Bars

I love running as much as I love baking. They go hand in hand for me, running keeps off the ‘cake weight’! I love the freedom that it gives me. I choose when I go, how long I go for, how far I go, what route I take and if I have a bad run then I can only blame myself!

And I admit they are not the healthiest thing to eat but little energy bars are great, not only pre and post fuelling runs but I stick them in my bag for elevensies at work too!


Ingredients

80gr low fat margarine

6tbsp maple syrup

120gr porridge oats

2 bananas mashed (ripe ones are best)

100gr sultanas

50gr of mixed chopped nuts

5tbsp peanut butter


1, Preheat the oven to 170o/c and line a 7inch square tin with parchment papers

2, Melt the margarine and maple syrup over a low heat.

3, Mix everything else really well and then press into the lined tin.

4, Bake for 15-25 minutes until golden

5, Cool, cut into squares and store in an airtight container

No comments:

Post a Comment